Stylist in Training
Job Title: Stylist in Training
Reports To: Salon Manager or Assistant Salon Manager Last Updated: 10/3/18
Status & Salary: Non-Exempt, Hourly
A stylist-in-training is a temporary position designed to identify top talent and integrate an unlicensed, future stylist into the salon workplace and to help them learn the business. They will gain valuable insight from our talented, innovative stylists and will learn firsthand about salon operations. The stylist-in-training must receive their license and apply for the stylist position to be considered for promotion to Stylist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
* Welcome guests courteously and promptly.
* Assist the stylist team to check customers into the salon queue; check out guests when services are completed.
* Observe other stylists/managers while they are working and ask relevant questions. * Provide exceptional customer service to all Supercuts customers.
* Promote and sell services and retail products.
* Answer telephones, stock and dust shelves, and sweep hair during each shift.
* Assist with marketing and growing the business.
* Follow the Staff Appearance Standards and Dress Code.
* Maintain cleanliness of work area and the salon as required; perform assigned Superduties routine. * Maintain safety standards at all times.
* Participate with fellow stylists and salon manager in salon marketing activities.
* Attend and participate in all required technical training sessions and staff meetings. * Perform other salon duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Must have a friendly and professional demeanor.
* Ability to effectively communicate with staff, peers and supervisors.
* Ability to effectively communicate with guests regarding services offered and requested, as well as guest needs and desires with regards to such services.
* Must have a positive attitude and exercise good judgement.
* Must be motivated and self-directed.
* Demonstrate accountability, dependability and good work ethics.
* Willingness to learn and use Supercuts techniques.
* 0-2+ years’ experience cutting and styling hair in a salon
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited Cosmetology school
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. * Ability to travel between salons on a daily basis for meetings and training sessions.
* Ability to successfully pass a background check, including a clean driving record, and other pre employment screening.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include but are not limited to:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to lift & carry items up to 25 lbs.
* Able to hear and speak to employees and customers in person and/or by phone.
* Able to see and read on computer screen and paper.
* Visual observation of guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. * Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
* Able to use hands and fingers to operate office equipment such as a computer, copier, phone, styling tools, etc.
* Ability to reach between shoulder level and above-shoulder-level height to stock shelves and retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
* Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after service.
* Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment. Electrical hazards related to frequent contact with office equipment. Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest perfume.
* Follow salon procedures for welcoming customers, chck-in and check-out of system * Ability to use POS system for job functions quickly and accurately
* Follow employee policies.
* Sufficient product knowledge to suggest products to customers.
* Achieve target goals for product revenue
"You are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independent franchisee of Regis Corporation or one of its subsidiaries (collectively "Regis"). If hired, you will be a direct employee of the franchisee, not of Regis. Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs which can vary from Regis or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the salon including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. Regis will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions."