Stylist in Training / Apprentice Stylist
A stylist-in-training at Regis is a temporary 90-day position designed to integrate an unlicensed, future stylist into the salon workplace and to help them learn the business. It is the stylist-in-training’s responsibility to deliver exceptional customer service and to communicate effectively with management, customers, and co-workers. Specifically, the stylist-in-training’s job duties include:
- Market and grow the business
- Observe other stylists/managers at work and ask relevant questions
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Control expenses
- Promote and sell services and retail products
- Answer telephones, stock and dust shelves, and sweep hair
- Complete all other duties as assigned by manager
The stylist-in-training may be eligible for a promotion to the stylist position once they receive their license. A promotion to stylist is not automatically guaranteed. The stylist-in-training must apply for the stylist position to be considered for promotion. To be considered for the promotion, the stylist-in-training must: 1) possess a valid appropriate license in his/her applicable state of employment; 2) have the ability to perform the duties of the license requirements that their state allows, including, but not limited to: cutting, styling, coloring, providing wax treatments, and washing and perming hair with or without an accommodation; and 3) demonstrate that they practice Regis values of honesty, accountability, integrity, and respect.
- Must graduate from an accredited cosmetology school and obtain the necessary license(s) to perform salon services within or before 90 days of hire-date
- Ability to work in a dynamic salon environment
- Good time management skills, good judgment, and the ability to multi-task
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers, co-workers, and management
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems and data entry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Market and Grow the Business:
- Promote and sell services and products, including recommending and selling additional services and/or retail products which will enhance and improve the customer’s image and/or contribute to the customer’s satisfaction with services performed
- Clearly convey a complete understanding of pricing for available services
- Coordinate Promotional Sales displays as directed by the company using ShopTalk
- Responsible for sales to walk-in retail customers
Provide Exceptional Customer Service:
- Understand the needs of the customer, greet each customer professionally by name, escort all clients through the salon, give salon tour when necessary
- Estimate wait times for scheduled and unscheduled appointments
- Answer the telephone promptly and professionally
- Handle general complaints and refer customer service issues to the manager
Manage and Control Expenses:
- Follow weekly salon schedules as directed by Salon Manager
- Correctly charge for services rendered and products purchased, including proper discounting according to Company policy
- Safeguard company assets by adhering to company policies and procedures
Complete Required Administrative Tasks/Compliance:
- Perform a variety of tasks related to assisting salon operations, including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, sweeping hair and other duties as assigned by manager
- Communicate effectively with management, customers and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect salon safety
- Attend work timely and consistently, including attending mandatory staff meetings, training sessions or as otherwise required by management
- Adhere to all corporate policies, procedures and work rules
- Handle all POS transactions including opening and closing the register
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. to stock retail shelves. Occasional lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist unloading monthly shipment of products.
- Continuous standing throughout the day
- Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above shoulder level height to stock shelves.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and client perfume.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products and maintain salon.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and the customer’s needs and wants.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms and other documents.
- Occasional travel to mandatory meetings and training sessions, including overnight travel.
You are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independent franchisee of Regis Corporation or one of its subsidiaries (collectively "Regis"). If hired, you will be a direct employee of the franchisee, not of Regis. Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs which can vary from Regis or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the salon including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. Regis will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 4784_20230519