Salon Area Manager
Supercuts is one of the industry’s most recognized salon brands. We offer outstanding development and training, with special emphasis on technical skills, have an established career path for those who want to grow their careers, offer a competitive wage and outstanding benefits, and are dedicated to every one of our stylists and their success.
Every Supercuts stylist undergoes intensive training, attends regular seminars and is recertified annually to stay ahead of the trends. Ongoing training and education are not only a focus at Supercuts, but we pay our stylists to attend. That’s why they’re among the most skilled and confident in the industry.
Supercuts offers a wide range of professional services, including haircuts, color and highlights, waxing and specialty services. We use proprietary tools and techniques for exceptional results. No-appointment necessary, and guests can check in online or by phone.
At Supercuts, we are dedicated to creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and delivering the highest quality standards for our stylists and guests. Simply put, this has made us the industry leader since 1975.
The Area Manager is responsible for the operations, guest experience, team development
and overall performance of the salons that they directly supervise. Their major function is to
lead the results, team and the guest experience in their salons. They should coach and
develop the team and lead by exemplifying excellent guest service and make operational
decisions as if they are a business owner.
* *VALID Cosmetology / Salons License REQUIRED
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Frequent
overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to travel between salons on a daily basis.
- Valid current cosmetology license, to include a manager license as required by
local (or state/provincial) cosmetology regulations.
- Ability to coach exceptional guest service and performance of quality services.
- Team player with strong leadership qualities. Ability to multi-task and work at a
fast pace while demonstrating good judgment and time management skills.
- Communicate effectively with salon team, peers, supervisors and guests.
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Ability to read and analyze various salon reports.
- Great reading, writing, math and computer skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable for motor vehicle use.
- Valid cosmetology license
- Demonstrate ability to run a profitable business
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate positive attitude
- Exercise good judgment
- Lead and drive change through strong communication and personal leadership
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to changing needs
- Deliver an excellent guest experience
- Understand guest needs and trends
- Demonstrate accountability, dependability and ethics
- Travel to salons, meetings, training sessions
*Essential Functions *Manage from the Floor:
- Travel to other salons in the district up to 6-7 full days each week
- Ensure visibility within the salon by leading, coaching and mentoring the team
during routine visits.
Development of the Team:
- Responsible for creating a culture consistent to build necessary business
relationships and create an environment of development. Responsible for
building a high performing team that works together to achieve results.
- Recruit and train Salon Managers and Stylists. Partner with Human Resources to
ensure that open positions are filled quickly with the best talent and that the team
is on-boarded and receives coaching and training to continuously improve their
skills and service levels.
- Ensure a high level of employee satisfaction through strong leadership with the
objective of retaining the best talent.
- Coach and communicate with Salon Managers to develop Stylists for promotion
to Salon Manager positions.
- Develop Salon Managers for promotion to other leadership positions.
- Ensure that performance management is executed through recognition and
coaching. Document important conversations. Measure performance and provide
coaching as necessary. Terminate non-performing Salon Managers and other
staff as needed.
- Ensure that technical training is provided as necessary to increase performance
and guest satisfaction.
*Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility:
- Achieve sales, contribution and expense goals in all salons they supervise.
- Train Salon Managers on P&L responsibilities.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and
address trends and issues in salon performance.
- Ensure that salons are visually set following company direction and that
promotional displays are coordinated and executed.
- Ensure that merchandise is replenished and that inventory is managed through
cycle counts. Coach Salon Managers on these responsibilities for their salons.
- Maximize employee hours through schedule optimization. Schedule to the needs
of the business to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction, sales
performance and expense management.
- Coach to brand specific service expectations (Moments of Truth or 360). Ensure
the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Handle and resolve guest concerns and issues as needed.
- *Salon Experience/Administrative Tasks:
- Ensure Salon Managers are keeping up with the cleanliness and maintenance of
their salons along with all compliance requirements applicable to state and local
- Enforce and promote all corporate policies, procedures and work rules.
- Ensure Salon Managers are following closing procedures that are adhered to by
all staff and that daily bank deposits are being made.
- Ensure that the assets of each of their salons are protected and that asset
protection policies are adhered to.
- Ensure other salon tasks related to salon operations are completed by staff,
including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, taking cycle
counts/inventory, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all staff licenses are current, valid and posted as required.
- Ensure all items required by state and federal law are posted in all salons as
directed by the company.
- Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions
that affect salon safety.
- Ensure salons are open for all posted hours and making arrangements for
coverage of employees’ shifts, if necessary.
- Manage the execution of salon openings and closings as needed.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, peers, supervisors, and support
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests regarding services offered and
requested, as well as regarding guest needs and desires with regards to such
- Visual observation of guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing
services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions,
straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest perfume.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach between shoulder level and above-shoulder-level height to stock
shelves and retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after service.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Ability to drive at least four hours at a time as required in assigned region.
- Ability to frequently travel by air with overnight lodging.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 14297_20230301