Are you an experienced Salon Manager hugely successful in developing profitable salons who is aspiring to grow beyond one salon? then you could be our candidate for (Area) Market Manager. In this role you get to work at multiple salons and help them all grow & be successful.
As a Market Manager you have a dual role. You would be Salon Manager for your designated salon as well as work closely with other salon managers in your territory to help them achieve salon goals. In the later role you do not manage other salon managers instead work closely with them and Senior District Leader to achieve the highest levels of Customer Experience, Stylist Growth and Sales. Role and responsibilities are detailed below.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements as Salon Manager (of designated salon):
As a Salon Manager of your designated salon your role is to ensure the salon’s profitability, guest satisfaction and generate an enthusiastic and professional environment where employees are continuously inspired, through effective leadership, to do their best and be successful. The salon manager must be a constant role model for all employees and inspire, respect, and provide creativity. Below is the list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This list is not all inclusive and additional duties may be requested of the Salon Manager from time to time by the management team.
- Provide quality haircuts
- Prevent and handle guest complaints
- Monitor & make technical adjustment as needed and coach for success
- Perform & Document technical adjustments and follow-up with the stylist
- Familiarize with weekly reports, goals and schedules
- Provide feedback and coach stylists to meet their daily / weekly goals
- Monitor wait times, walks, and voids
- Handle schedule changes to address call outs.
- Audit Close out books
- Take and verify inventory and place orders
- Establish expectations during new employee orientation
- Document important conversations, incidents, and goals.
- Conduct salon meetings
- Perform daily salon duties & tasks
- Ensure consistent execution of Venita Group Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure Salon always complies with state rules and regulations
- Work full time a minimum of forty (35) hours each week including at least two evenings every Saturday and a minimum of every other Sunday.
- Must be able to cover any shifts necessary to ensure the salon is staffed during the hours of operation.
- Maintain positive attendance, conduct and performance records.
- Uphold standards and adhere to company policies & procedures.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements with territory salons:
As an Area Manager support Salon Managers and Stylists in achieving their goals. The not all inclusive list include:
- Provide support and mentorship through effective coaching
- Support with analyzing goal vs actual performance
- Identify areas of improvements
- Develop SMART goals for each salon and stylist
- Help understand the pay and guide stylists with ways to improve
- Develop and Run marketing campaigns
- Develop and Run contests
- Previous experience of developing and running profitable hair salons successfully required
- Effective ability to coach, lead, and inspire others
- Business management skills (goal setting, scheduling, cash management, reporting, etc.)
- Strong expertise in Supercuts 3600 Experience TM and technical skills
- Excellent Haircut & Styling experience
- Professional appearance and presence
- Leads by example
- Outstanding communication skills
- Current Cosmetology or Barber’s License per state cosmetology laws
- Standing for sustained periods of time
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists, and arms.
- Continuous grasping and reaching, often above shoulder level.
- Ability to be exposed to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services
- Ability to observe guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate with guests regarding services offered and requested to meet guest expectations.
- Ability to travel between salons as required.
- Occasional travel to meetings out of town, sometimes overnight
What do we offer?
- Competitive minimum guaranteed pay
- Higher of Sales commission or base pay
- Sales commission on Services and Retail
- Annual bonuses
- Monthly bonuses on Services and Retail for home salon
- Monthly bonuses on revenues for non-home salons
- Medical Insurance Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Tool Purchase Assistance
- Continuing education & certification
- Supercut's Hair Stylist Academy
Supercuts is one of the industry’s most recognized salon brands. We offer outstanding development and training,
with special emphasis on technical skills.
Every Supercuts stylist undergoes intensive training, attends regular seminars, and is recertified annually to
stay ahead of the trends. Ongoing training and education are not only a focus at Supercuts, but we pay our stylists to attend. That’s why they’re among the most skilled and confident in the industry.
Supercuts offers a wide range of professional services, including haircuts, color, and highlights, waxing and specialty services. We use proprietary tools and techniques for exceptional results. No-appointment necessary, and guests can check in online or by phone.
At Supercuts, we are dedicated to creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and delivering the highest quality standards for our stylists and guests. Simply put, this has made us the industry leader since 1975.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 30829_20230520