Assistant Salon Leader
Assistant Salon Leader position:
The Assistant Salon Leader (ASL) is essential in assisting and leading a great team. The ASL is responsible for partnering with the Salon Leader (SL) including modeling ASG’s core values to be the best while serving our clients in a friendly, and professional way. The ASL is intended to be a developmental position with the goal of advancing into the SL role.
- Assisting with recruitment and retention strategies
to meet salon staffing requirements.
- Continuing to coach the team to ensure they
are supported in meeting their salon and individual goals.
- Modeling quality services by consulting with
clients and applying the appropriate service techniques.
- Recommending and participating in all approved
local marketing initiatives including depth and frequency of coupon campaigns,
seasonal initiatives, and client appreciation events.
- Educating clients and team members about proper
home hair care and recommending services and products to help the client
maintain their hairstyle between salon visits.
- Modeling customer
service best practices by leading and inspiring the team, ensuring each
client’s satisfaction, and building client loyalty.
- Providing customized consultations with each client,
including stating the final price before the service begins.
- Supporting the SL with required salon leadership
administrative tasks (i.e., closing out a ticket on the POS system, timecards, inventory
control, on-boarding new team members, and scheduling appointments) promptly.
- Communicating effectively and positively with all
clients, team members, leadership, and the corporate support team.
- Meeting or exceeding personal/salon productivity
standards set by ASG.
- Protecting the salon’s assets, including emphasizing,
and modeling cash handling procedures.
- Leading, training, and modeling all services
offered at the salon.
- Maintaining flexibility in scheduled shifts to
fit the needs of the business, including potential night and weekend shifts.
- Attending all required technical training
- Joining all virtual and in-person meetings as
directed by leadership.
- Leading the salon when/if the SL is absent.
- Modeling ASG policies as defined in the Handbook
and salon specific operational procedures (including but not limited to bank
deposits/runs, salon cleaning/maintenance, and disinfecting styling implements).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Leading the team in the SL’s absence and working
as a team-player and/or independently.
- Marketing yourself, the salon, and the team in
the community to increase your salon clientele.
- Modeling exceptional communication, organization,
and problem-solving skills.
- Providing consistent and excellent customer service.
- Multi-tasking efficiently to assist with salon duties (including store meetings, scheduling, cash management, and reporting).
- Showing a willingness to learn new techniques and stay current with hair trends.
- Leading and coaching the team through implementing
changes as directed by ASG.
- Traveling to other salon locations as needed (i.e., temporary assignments).
- Maintaining full-time status and meeting the business demands.
The physical requirements of the position may require bending, sitting, twisting, turning, lifting (generally 10-15 pounds),
and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- One (1) year of experience as a Stylist, preferred.
- Must maintain a valid cosmetology or barber’s license.
All ASLs are required to complete assigned training as determined by ASG.
*All Supercuts (SC) ASLs must have received their Hair Stylist Academy (HSA) completion
The ASL role is based at an ASG (Supercuts, Holiday Hair, or Cost Cutters) salon location.